Bedrooms are the coziest corners of your home. They are the place where you can relax and be yourself. A luxurious bedroom would keep you calm and composed and provide the required peace to you. In addition to comfortable beds and other furniture, the type of flooring can also add to the comfort and luxury. The flooring type should not only go well with you color palette and the design style chosen, but it should also be durable, fascinating and comfortable to walk on. While people mostly go for wooden bedroom floors, there are a lot more options to choose from. Have a look at these alternatives to choose the right one for your bedroom:
1. Soft Flooring: covering the entire floor with carpet is more common in western nations typically because it adds warmth and coziness even if you choose to walk barefoot. You can choose from cut pile or loop pile carpets depending upon your required level of comfort and maintenance measures. Although these are not used much in our country as it is difficult to clean them in terms of dust, dirt and stains. If you want to choose this type of flooring, you can look out for various carpet cleaning agencies or clean them on your own from time to time.
Image Courtesy : https://www.outerbanksfloorcovering.com/
2. Bamboo Flooring: This is the most sustainable type of flooring option as bamboo is a renewable and eco friendly resource. Bamboo floors look more or less like general hardwood flooring and come with various ecological benefits. They are available in strips and planks and can be laid just like laminate or wooden floorings and are available in different textures and shades.
Image Courtesy : https://www.fcimag.com/
3. Vinyl Flooring: These can be laid in the form of sheets, tiles or LVF (luxury vinyl flooring) planks with tongue and groove joints. Vinyl Floors are comparatively less expensive, waterproof and easy to clean than other hardwood floors. Although vinyl is not a green material and it is relatively bad from environment point of view.
Image Courtesy : https://emcustomflooring.com/
4. Area Rugs: Area rugs are not an individual flooring type and these are used in combination with hardwood floors or some other flooring options. They can create a lot of interest in your bedrooms depending upon the color, pattern, texture and type chosen. They are different from carpets in a way that they are just laid over a certain part of the room while carpeting is done to cover the entire floor area. Putting a beautiful rug can add comfort and flow to your bedroom.
Image Courtesy : https://unsplash.com/
5. Concrete Flooring: Concrete floors are extremely durable, easy to maintain and provide seamless look to your bedrooms. With the current minimalist and contemporary trends gaining popularity in the industry, concrete floors are the best fit for them. They are free of any VOC’s (Volatile organic compounds) and can be designed and modified according to any provided budget.
Image Courtesy : https://thirdskin.architectmarketingwebsite.com/